Revenge of the Dinotrux by Chris Gall
working on final consonant deletion with /d/ & /t/ sounds using past tense terms; scroll down for more
Here are some simple ways to model and practice this form at home:
- At a snack time or meal time, talk about the things you already had to eat that day.
- Talk with your child about things he/she used to do when younger, e.g,. “When you were little you crawled on the floor, you only ate soft food,."
- Practice using the word "did". Offer a selection of simple tasks & then tell each other which ones you did, ie, "I did the train puzzle.", " I did the pets puzzle,"
- When you get back from shopping at the grocery store and you’re putting things away, name the things you bought with a carrier phrase “we bought “ or “we got”, e’g’, “we bought apples”, “we got cheese”.
- Play a building game with blocks or legos and take turns being the boss and telling where to put pieces, e.g. “ put the yellow on the blue”, “put that under the other one”.